Monday, October 1, 2012

Hair Loving

So its been 4+ months since I've last had my hair trimmed and it's starting to get a little overwhelming.  I have some dead ends and my hair just looks and feels weighed down and dull. I think the general rule of thumb is 6 weeks for the next cut but I've always felt that it didn't give me enough time to let my hair grow.

What do you think is a good timeline for someone trying to grow their hair out?

I want to get it styled but with so many cute looks online it's hard to find the look that's just right. Anyways, here are some of my hair options.

 
I'm not a huge fan of bangs on me unless they're side bangs but this hairstyle is so sweet. Not to mention how her hair color is close to mine. Something like this would look really cute on me. If not now then maybe this could be a hairstyle to try for spring. 

I love these tousled waves. It looks so carefree and i'm in love with face framing bangs. 

 
I'm digging long layers. The side bangs are a little overwhelming for me so if i were to go with this, i would ask for less side bang on that side. I have wavy hair so the only way i can really appreciate this style is if i were to straighten my hair more....which is something i don't want to do. 

I'm thinking of getting my hair done at a local salon. I've never gone anywhere else other than the various hair cutteries in my area. I end up unhappy with my haircuts there so it's about time i go somewhere else. Unfortunately, salons around me are at least double the cost of the hair cuttery but if i'm paying for quality then i don't mind. I would be so happy to pay double in order to be in love with my hair cut/style.

What do you think, is it worth spending double or more for a higher chance you'll get that perfect haircut?

As for color, i happen to like my color but it just looks tired and lifeless. That is why i'm thinking of getting some highlights or dying it another color. It lacks the depth and shine it deserves and i would enjoy trying something new. I gave myself caramel highlights 2 years ago and i have always wanted to put red in my hair. So here are some red color contenders. 

I'm in love with this. It's perfect for fall. My hair is what i guess could be defined as a medium brown. I'm not completely sure of what color this would be exactly or what i would even ask for. I'm going to play it safe and show it to the hair dresser in hopes that they would be able to tell what the options are for obtaining hair color like this. Of course, if it isn't too expensive. (which goes to say with all of them haha)

I find this color to be similar to the one above it. Again, gorgeous rich color.  

I love these highlights. 

I'm not sure why but i'm obsessed with this color! It's super adorable! I don't like when red is overwhelmingly bold. I like a more subtle red, besides i would look washed out with a dark deep red color. 


This would probably be the darkest i would ever go with a red color. It's bold but it isn't obnoxious or a fake looking. This color is fun and edgy. I think i could pull this off.