Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Makeup Bag

Being a college student who works part time means that i don't have a lot of money and because i'm on a budget i save when i can. That being said, i tend to buy my makeup from department stores when i have coupons or when they're having a sale. Here are some of my personal favorites for my daily makeup routine.

EyeLiner: Prestige waterproof in EW. 10 star, Mascara (left): Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' express Waterproof in brownish black, Mascara (right): Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof in classic black, Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips in 30 Peach Kiss,  Bronzer: Bronze Booster in Light to medium shade, Face Powder: Physicians Formula Mineral Wear in buff Biege, Foundation: L'oreal Paris Visible lift in 145 Classic Ivory, Lip Gloss: Maybelline Shinesensational in 20 Treat Me Sweet

I go for a more natural/relaxed look with my makeup. I don't like caking makeup on or wearing too much because i think it doesn't look good on me.


The two mascaras are used depending on my mood or occasion. I use the Mega Plush for more common activities like hanging out or school. It isn't dark or dramatic like the Colossal. The colossal gives my lashes a lot of definition and i love the way it makes them look.

The face makeup is something that again depends on my activities for the day. I tend to use the foundation the most which by the way is my favorite foundation. This foundation is amazing, its silky smooth and blends perfectly with my skin. I know it's anti aging and that i'm 20 but i don't think that really matters. I use the little tan brush on the right to apply my foundation, it's brand is essence of beauty and it works great. Every now and then i use the powder and bronze. I use it with the black makeup brush (don't know the brand).

A helpful bronzer hint my friend taught me to define the cheek bones: Use the brush to place the bronzer on them and brush upwards. It not only defines them but makes the face look somewhat thinner.


These lip products are really nice. The baby lips is a new addition but it works pretty well. I'm not crazy about the peach smell but it makes my lips feel smoother. The lip gloss is amazing. It has a beautiful light pink color when it's on and it's very shiny. There are some sparkles which i know bothers some people but it doesn't bother me. One thing i love about this lip gloss is that it doesn't feel sticky like some tend to.

I have other products but i rarely use them. I'm starting to use less and less makeup products then i used to when i was younger. When i was 17-19 i would wear a lot of eyeshadow but now i just use eye liner, usually in white or brown. I have brown eyes so i think those colors look nice on.

Here are some links for discounts on makeup. I'm not associated with these sites or anything. I searched and found them, i tend to do that when bargain shopping. (Some of the codes might not work and some expire soon) So take advantage of the sales. Happy Shopping (:

http://www.dealigg.com/story-elf-Cosmetics-Coupon-Codes-Promotions
http://coupons.target.com/beauty-coupons
http://dealnews.com/s1937/ELF-Cosmetics/
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/benefitcosmetics.com